Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



This is Ira's first Mother's Day, and he got excited. For his grandmothers and great-grandmothers, Ira developed an entirely new way to paint. Who needs finger painting when you can use your whole body? The cards won't make it to their recipients until Monday (Sorry!!) so I can't post a picture of the artwork, but we've got some pictures of the artist at work.









As you can see, Ira's not afraid to get a little messy for the sake of art.

For his mother, Ira took a more restrained approach. With the help of his teachers, Ira used just his hands to make this beautiful keepsake.



It looks a little like he only has four fingers on his left hand, but I guess its the thought that counts, right?

We're so lucky to have such a great bunch of mothers. Kirsten and I both want to express our deep love for our mothers and grandmothers.

And Ira and I are lucky to have the most wonderful mother of all taking care of us. We'd both be lost without Kirsten. If Ira could talk I'm sure he'd say that he loves his mommy more than anyone else. She's done a great job so far, and I'm proud to be married to her.

This is the first Mother's Day since my maternal grandmother, Mary Jane Bloodworth, passed away. She was an amazing grandmother to me growing up, and it still makes me sad to think that Ira won't get to know his great-grandmother. She is missed.

Happy Mother's Day, to our mothers and all the mothers of the world.

No comments: